1) A pre-approval will tell you how much you qualify for on a new home loan. This helps you and your Realtor to look for a property that is not above the amount that you can afford.
2) A pre-approval gives you the chance to go over the different loan programs available to you with your lender.
3) In today’s market it takes time to get a loan approved. Getting a pre-apprval puts you ahead of the game by sending all of your paperwork in before you get into escrow. By having a pre-approval, you may be able to shorten the escrow period needed to close a loan. This can make a big difference to a seller that is looking to close as soon as possible.
4) Most smart Real Estate agents will not start the process of searching for homes until you have pre-approval.
5) If by chance you do not qualify for a home loan at the time of the pre-approval, your lender can guide you in the right direction to prepare you to purchase in the near future. Sometimes there are items on the credit report that can be fixed rather quickly, or disputed to help you qualify. Without setting down with your lender, you would not have known about these issues until you are already in escrow, which would either delay the close of escrow or cause the property to fall out of escrow.
6) You will learn about the lenders guidelines on locking in an interest rate.
7) You will then be able to relax and know that you have your financing in place when you find the right home for you and your family.
Answer these fast and easy questions to start the process!
Loan Officer Steve Sheldon – New Mexico
‘”Steve Sheldon is awesome.”
Loan Officer Bess Daunis – New Mexico
“They were super great. I am grateful for you guys.”
Loan Officer Robert Pittman – Texas
“Robert was great!”
Loan Officer Jennifer Gentry – Texas
“Jennifer did a great job!”
Loan Officer Par Pettit – New Mexico-Texas
“She was wonderful.”
Loan Officer Davin Jacquez – New Mexico-Texas
“Awesome job. I have a shot attitude and he put up with it.”
Loan Officer Roger Gettler – New Mexico-Arizona
“We were so pleased with Roger and group at Legacy. Made every transaction easy. Thank you.
Loan Officer Bruce Anderson – Reverse Mortgages -New Mexico-Texas
“Bruce was helpful.”
Loan Officer Randi Cabrera – Texas-New Mexico
“Grateful for you!”
Loan Officer Zoe Enright – New Mexico
Loan Officer Cameron Gilmore – New Mexico
“Cant’ speak highly enough of Cameron, Outstanding job! Cameron always took care of everything. He did a fantastic job. If I ever have need of another mortgage, I would hope Cameron would be available to help us again.”
Loan Officer Heather Gilstrap – New Mexico
Loan Officer Tom Gonzales – New Mexico
‘”Tom was great!”
Loan Officer Carol Martinez – New Mexico
“Carol and Anthony are amazing. Thank you for your professionalism, expertise and you’re interest in helping the customers that you serve. I will gladly recommend you to all my family and friends.”
Loan Officer Richard Mercer – New Mexico
“It was a great experience.”
Loan Officer Lyn Parrish – New Mexico
Loan Officer Katrina Moore – New Mexico
“Ms. Moore and Ms. Sparks made a difficult process appear seamless. Look forward to working with Century Bank especially if everyone is as professional as they were.”
Loan Officer Damian Sanchez – New Mexico
Loan Officer Danny Martin – New Mexico
Loan Officer Aaron Thompson – New Mexico-Texas-Colorado